Our Saviour's is making plans to begin building project
By Marilyn Anderson
ZUMBROTA – Since approving a proposal for a $1.3 million building project in the fall of 2012, Our Saviour’s Lutheran Church has completed two of three parts outlined before construction can begin. The third step, obtaining financing, is underway and expected to be attained during the next few weeks.
Mark Debner DVM, president of the congregation, said the first goal of raising $435,000 (one-third of the project) has been completed. The second step of pledges for another one-third of the cost over the next three years has also been accomplished. Since the congregation hopes to have footings in and construction started this fall, a groundbreaking ceremony will be scheduled as soon as financing is obtained.
In early August, volunteers prepared the building to the east of the church for further demolition. The area surrounding the site was also cleared in preparation for construction crews. The building was formerly a Dairy Queen and has been owned and used by the congregation as a youth center for a number of years.
Our Saviour’s is located on the south side of Zumbrota, one block east of Main Street at 1549 East Avenue.
- New directors named for Zumbrota Area Food Shelf
- Lands Lutheran to celebrate Christmas in restored sanctuary
- “Mondays with Matt” / “Saturdays with Senator Schmit” Mobile Office Continues Saturday
- Operation Jericho team to continue mission in Zumbrota
- Jensen recommends not waiving DFA wastewater penalties